Manager of Election Protection Position
The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law (“Lawyers’ Committee”), one of the nation’s leading civil rights organizations based in Washington D.C., seeks an experienced organizer to serve as the Manager of Election Protection. The Election Protection Program is the nation’s largest, non-partisan voter protection coalition program. It works throughout the year to combat barriers to the ballot box for all voters, particularly those traditionally disenfranchised.
The Manager of Election Protection will lead a team of organizers and work with Lawyers’ Committee partners and allies to maintain and build upon existing Election Protection infrastructure to support and implement the work of the Coalition during upcoming election cycles including the 2020 Presidential election. Duties include coordinating national and state coalitions, recruiting, training and deploying a nationwide network of volunteers, overseeing the management of the 866-OUR-VOTE hotline, working with technology consultants to build systems that support volunteers and collect relevant data and Lawyers’ Committee at various meetings and events. The Manager of Election Protection will report to the Co-Directors of the Voting Rights Project.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4 -6 years’ experience organizing in either political, non-partisan, issue-based or candidate campaigns on the national and/or state level
- Deep commitment to civil rights and racial justice
- Strong initiative, leadership and project management skills
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize tasks effectively
- Experience managing and leading diverse coalitions is strongly preferred as is experience working with minority communities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with Project Directors of the Voting Rights Project to develop strategic Election Protection campaigns
- Lead a team of organizers to successfully implement Election Protection Program
- Manage coalition outreach and relationships with national, state and local partners
- Work with Director of Pro Bono to engage pro bono volunteers and law firms
- Collaborate on fundraising efforts, including outreach to funders, with Co-Directors of the Voting Rights Project and Work with Development Team
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop communications plans for Election Protection Program
- Engage and negotiate contracts with vendors
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALITIES
- Experience working with institutional partners to develop funding opportunities
- Background in developing data tracking systems and setting metrics for success
- Experience with technology, including volunteer management systems and dynamic databases
- Extensive coalition engagement experience
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish, a plus.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and desired salary range to Podio.
No calls with be accepted. The position will remain open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary and benefits are competitive for a nonprofit legal organization.
The Lawyers’ Committee is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. Diversity is an essential component of the Lawyers’ Committee, and we encourage women and minorities to apply. All qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for selection without regard to actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected under law.
Accessibility Assistance: If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 202-662-8600 and ask for an applicant accommodation or send an email with the subject line “Applicant Accommodation” to firstname.lastname@example.org