Digital Media Coordinator
The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law seeks a motivated Digital Media Coordinator to play a critical role in utilizing online tools to educate and engage audiences on important civil rights issues. The Digital Media Coordinator will be part of an active communications team and will assist with broader media and messaging goals through online communications, including maintaining the Lawyers’ Committee website, social media platforms, graphic design, and video production. This entry-level position requires an individual with a passion for communications and a strong interest in developing dynamic social media campaigns to bolster the important work of the Lawyers’ Committee.
The Coordinator is a full-time, exempt employee based in Washington, D.C., who will report directly to the Director of Strategic Communications and External Affairs and work closely with the Deputy Director of Communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain online content for the Lawyers’ Committee, including updating the Committee’s website and social media activity (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Medium, Reddit, Tumblr, etc.).
• Work with the Communications team to grow the Lawyers’ Committee’s online presence through creative online campaigns and advertisements, live streaming of events, visual graphics, podcasts, e-mail marketing, and the distribution of a monthly newsletter.
• Support other project teams in the production of reports, materials for outside distribution, and fundraising appeals.
• Serve as the in-house resource for staff on how to use social media and integrate digital tools into advocacy work.
• Produce interactive web content and microsites, consistent with Lawyers’ Committee branding and style, to support broader efforts.
• Assist with research, drafting of press materials, and media monitoring.
• Track social media activity (site traffic, engagement, conversions, etc.) for review by the Director of Strategic Communications and senior leadership team.
• At least three years of web management and digital communications experience preferred, with a strong understanding of front-end technologies including HTML5, CSS3.
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills; creative messaging and marketing experience a plus.
• Strong commitment to advancing the Lawyer’s Committee values, mission, and goals, with an understanding of the range of civil liberties and civil rights issues and their implications.
• Experience maintaining website content; familiarity with WordPress preferred.
• Extensive use of relevant social media and integrated marketing tools including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter (Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Audiense), Instagram.
• Familiarity with digital analytics tools and digital subscription software, e.g. Google Analytics, Cision.
• Familiarity with Photoshop (or similar graphics editing software), FinalCut (or similar video editing software); graphic design skills using Adobe Creative Suite and Inkscape desired.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
To Apply: Please fill out the application form and include your cover letter and resume here: https://podio.com/webforms/18581282/1250370. No calls will be accepted. The position will remain open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary and benefits are competitive for a nonprofit legal organization.
The Lawyers’ Committee is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. Diversity is an essential component of the Lawyers’ Committee, and we encourage women and minorities to apply. All qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for selection without regard to actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or other protected status.